View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

So today I went and test drove a 320i M-Sport Shadow Edition Sports Auto car in EB with 3,800 miles and 5 months old at a BMW dealer.

With regard to the passive M-Sport suspension it was as previously stated by some. It was firmer than adaptive in comfort but not as firm as adaptive in Sport mode. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the M-Sport passive suspension was. It was also very quiet on Pirelli P-Zero run flats as opposed to my Bridgestone's.

I decided against the car in the end. It had a poor smart repair of one kerbed wheel with silver paint on the diamond cut face. (although they did offer to replace the wheel) The steering wheel didn't seemed centered but tyre pressures were uneven on the front.

The interior was nice but I was not overwhelmed by it. I actually preferred the interior of my own car with the leather looking poorer quality than mine and quite creased for a new car. The intetior It seemed very dark with the carbon effect dash and the black leather being very black as opposed to mine that seems to be almost grey. The new indicator stalks and wiper stalks seem a step backwards and the led headlights weren't auto levelling like mine, having a little wheel to set the headlight beam. Add to that mine has electric folding mirrors, adaptive M-Sport suspension and folding headrests, and I prefer my own car to this newer one.

Plus the part ex was not as much as I expected. No premium for £4k worth of options so the price to change was more than I expected.

EB is a lovely colour though!

So will be getting the annual extended warranty for year 4 and keeping my own car.

Last edited by sensible; 12-07-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0