10-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #76
Kyokio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 RS5 & SQ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Beautiful car. Congrats.

But as one who is heavily into coding my car, I wouldn't recommend that new owners code first thing. That's so you can get to know your car as it was intended to be by BMW.

For instance, coding ASS to remember the last setting is NOT something that needs to be coded. Search this board; you'll see that BMW will -- for free -- make that option a permanent (equivalent of changing your FA) option in the car.

There's so much to absorb in a new, cyberdyne BMW these days that I think it's better to have a baseline understanding of the car in its stock form before you begin altering it.

On another point: I also believe that for the enthusiasts who hang out here, coding is something well within your grasp. Actual tire pressure and weather band are two items Kyokio didn't list as changed in his car. I think that if you take the time to figure out how to do it yourself, you are less likely to overlook killer coding changes like these. Plus, you can conveniently recode your car when the dealer updates the entire car, which most likely wipes out coding changes (FDL coded-changes, that is).
thanks for the insight! i've looked in coding prior to receiving the car but honestly i just don't trust myself to do it. the dealer did offer to change the ASS but on another day. Being impatient, i opted to just get it all done at once and for me, the cost was negligible. Also, the place that did the coding will redo it if the dealer update wipes the coding changes so no worries there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
Congrats OP. The coral red and estoril blue look so much better in person. Very sharp!

Is it possible on the f32 to get the non-extended leather version (similar to the f30)?
thanks! i actually never considered asking about that. i prefer it this way since it lines up with the red on the door panels.
Appreciate 0