11-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #7
Joelc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
2018 is the refresh year for any 4 Series so you're already going to be getting the latest - I wouldn't expect much of a change for another 3 years.
Thank you, that is the information I was hoping / looking to find...

Quote:
If you don't need the size of a 5 Series, I recommend going for a 440 GC with an MPPSK (M Performance Package II when ordering in Canada).
This is pretty muchwhat my 2015 GC is...it is fully loaded other than the smoker kit and the dual cell phone option...

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you'll experience the difference from your current vehicle if you drive one with that package.
The biggest difference I noted was the engine and the tuning / sound between my 2015 and the 2018...the 440 is a totally different drive!

Quote:
Both get digital clusters, both get the new iDrive except the 4 Series doesn't have the gimmicky hand gestures, both have all the driver assistance features available. 5 Series has that bulky key where you can tell your car to automatically park and provides stats which you can get on your phone with the BMW remote app. The tech alone isn't worth getting a 5 Series as I don't think the difference is justified compared to the price difference.
Agreed, the price difference is meaningful. I do - I must admit - like the"soft touch" buttons in the 5 bu clearly NOT a reason to choose one over the other!

Quote:
A fully loaded 4 Series GC with the LED headlights & M Sport/Performance package looks way nicer than a 5 Series but that's just my personal opinion.
I agree, much "meaner" looking...
Appreciate 0