01-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #8
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Bilstein uses the same coilover across all the line ups. They don't change spring rate or dampening based on the chassis. They don't even change anything between xdrive and sdrive models either based on the specs I've seen. The only thing they do is shorten the shock body for xdrive models so that it fits with the front driveshaft.
From what I understand by talking to a few members, the RWD cars with M Sport suspension are 20mm lower all-around at the highest setting(Bilstein claims 30mm) and for xDrive Bilstein claims it is 30mm lower, resulting in the same ride height for both RWD M Sport Suspension and xDrive. Just trying to get some numbers from people who have actually installed it.

EDIT: It makes sense though, my bad, Bilstein numbers are for cars with base suspension which implies for M Sport suspension there would be 10mm difference to account for the already existing 10mm drop I believe the drop on my car should be similar to the cars with M Sport suspension due to similar ground clearance(5.1" vs 5.5").

P.S. How do you like the coilovers? Any concerns? I know the ride will be firmer but I'm ok with that, as long as it doesn't bottom out or cause any other issues.

Last edited by thatBimmerBloke; 01-19-2020 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0