View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #94
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
I really hate when ppl here say that 328 is lighter, i really wonder if anyone could notice the difference of 145 lb in regular city/highway driving, that difference of 145lb doesn't do shit for regular driving, the only difference you would notice if you didnt know what you were driving would be the sound of the engine, exhaust and the power and not 145 lb
well uh isnt the power kind of wasted if its dragging an extra 150-200 pounds (if you get a 328i without a sunroof thats another 50 lbs).

i mean itll sound great, but its got to do more . that most of the point people make on the whole, the 335i weigh a lot more so some of its power advantage gets used up. kind of the same point with the activehybrid3 and having to drag its batteries around.

now im not saying i'd really notice. like, i had 2 friends, one bought a C300 and the other bought a C350 (Current generation) and the guy with the C350 claims he could tell the 40 hp difference (mind you in this case the cars even weigh the same) and i dont think any of us could tell at all.

so if you can't hear the i-6 , its going to be hard to tell between a 328i and a 335i (lets say 15-20 of the 335's extra power makes up for the weight and maybe you have 40hp left after adjusting for weight difference) regardless unless you are going over say 90mph.

i mean we are talking power to weight ratio for all these cars. i guess it all depends on how sensitive you are to changes in that ratio.
Appreciate 0