View Single Post
      01-13-2023, 01:34 PM   #1
Razinho
Rep
Drives: 320d

Suspension / Shock Absorber advice - rough ride

2017 F30 LCI MSPORT

Hi

I’m looking for some advice on how I can make my drive feel more comfortable. I love my f30 but ever since I got it one thing just hasn’t sit right with me and that’s how rough the ride is. It just harsh and it’s sucks tbh.

I’m not driving the car on track or anything I use it for everyday day to day use and I feel every bump in the road. It’s such a rough drive. I would have expected it to have been smoother and not as harsh. (There’s not issues with the car)

That’s lead me to trying to figure out what my options are to make it smoother without breaking the bank like crazy.

My current options from research

1. I have 19inch run flats - a lot of people have told me to get rid of the runflats but that’s not so easy… I have four decent tyres and don’t want to just get rid and replace right now - however I’m open to the idea

2. Bilsteins - I didn’t know much about these but I’m told I could change the dampers/shock absorbers. I don’t know which ones will actually help me for a smoother ride and I’ve seen some say it’s made the suspension even stiffer.

- I don’t want to lower the car for any aesthetic reasons so my research so far has lead me to the b6 (but is that the right one for f30 m sport, as I’ve read b8 should be used as it’s slightly lower and as it’s closer to the m sport set up? Could be wrong)

- then question is do I need to new springs as well? Or can I use my existing ones? Would the bilsteins help with making the bumps in the road feel less harsh

Also would I need to change the front and back absorbers? Or can I get away with doing the front only?

What are your thought and recommendations on what I could do?

Last edited by Razinho; 01-13-2023 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: Accuracy
Appreciate 1