View Single Post
      09-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #11
Liquidfox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Coming from a car which had a hefty aftermarket setup in it I can't help but agree that the under seat subs are lacking when it comes to that punchy responsive sound that I had previously. Yes, I've tweaked the EQ (I've even had my sound guy do it), but the issue is the space under the seats just isn't deep enough for a good sub. The venting to the side skirts also means you get a very nasty vibration outside which sounds horrific. I lasted over 2 years before I've eventually got sick of the system and wanted an upgrade.

I've got an F30 which means there's a gap under the boot floor (not sure if the F32 has the same?) which, when you take out the surround, opens up even more. I'm booked in to get a Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mount sub in there in about 6 weeks time, it's not cheap but it's going to be worth every single penny. I'll throw a photo or two up if I remember once it's sorted, booked in for the 31st October and I'll get it back on the 4th November. Hopefully that'll solve the issue I have with the system, if not then the HK front speakers will be coming out in favour of something of higher quality - the upgrade in my last car was cheap enough, I'm just hoping that the HK amp doesn't throw a spanner in the works (which I've got a feeling it will.)
Appreciate 1
hybris204.50