05-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
GodZhu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M-Sport

2014 N55 Fuel Supply + Drivetrain malfunction

Hi there everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well during these times. Just wanted to ask everyone for their input as I'm currently trying to solve an issue with my 2014 335i.

Some background information, it's a FBO 335i that was running a custom Gintani tune.

Was running absolutely flawlessly up until 2-3 months ago where I died in the middle of the highway with a Fuel supply fault, and then followed by a Drivetrain malfunction warning and the car stutters and dies and gets put into N gear.

Read the code and it was an intermittent HPFP code. Figured that it was the issue so I replaced it with an OEM one (These are expensive holy). Ran it for about 3 hours before I got the error again, and it died.

Another thing to mention is that I have a Stage 2 LPFP from Fuel-it!. But I have doubts that the LPFP could be the issue.

Something that I have noticed personally is that it happens when the tank is right under half, and that it doesn't happen when it's full. I've tried to read the code the first time but nothing came up, which was weird.

Car pulls hard when needed, tried to switch the maps to see if that was the issue but it still persists.

A wonder that I have currently is that, is the car thinking the tank is empty and just cutting the power out?

I would love for some input as I'm quite lost.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0