01-06-2024, 08:19 AM   #9
acediac
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M, F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moupe View Post
How is that silicone coolant pipe working out for you? Any signs of bulging or leaking?

Still unsure whether or not I buy the replacement BMW part or go with something aftermarket like what you purchased. I wish it was available in black instead of orange.
My coolant levels from both circuits have not dropped at all (after stabilizing over the initial few days) and the oil level has been spot on since I did this in November 2023. No leaks that I can see from anywhere and I've done 5000km / 3000mi since.

The oem connector pipe always fails at the plastic connector neck to the rigid pipe (mine did, and all the people posting on youtube show the same problem). One end is fixed to the engine which will move backwards and forwards but the other end is to the coolant tank which is fixed to the chassis, so there is continuous stress on that pipe. With brass connectors and a silicone pipe that is more flexible but stronger on the aftermarket replacement that I used, I think it is going to outlast the car. I highly recommend it if you are replacing that pipe. The colour is going to detract from the oem look but I think it's stylish, personally.

Last edited by acediac; 01-06-2024 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0