Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 335i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue46 View Post
The creator says it keeps DSC enabled and doesnt set any errors off it simply replaces a data set that will keep the transfer case clutch open this sending power to the rear wheels and none to the front. apparantly this is similar to how the M Xdrive works.
Similar to how the M xDrive works, yes, but without the advanced hardware and controls of the ATC13 transfer case. M5 RWD mode benefits from the 'Efficiency Mode' built into the ATC13 design, with demand based oil controls, to reduce churning loses and wear.

One further point with the M5, transfer box oil changes are scheduled at every 5th oil service, ~50,000 miles intervals.
Good info! I dont know the full technical aspects of either transfer case. Just relaying the info I've read. I am curious how running this would affect our transfer case in the long term. The creator does say if you are going to be in a situation. where the front wheels are still and the rear are moving such as on a dyno you should give the transfer case time to cool off after a few runs.

on a side note what is the oil change interval for our transfercases?
Appreciate 0