View Single Post
      01-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #15
C320
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo S, X5 40i, XC90 T5

We (myself & family) have bought four AUC cars over the past couple of years from 3 different dealerships.

They do try to say the prices are fixed or ‘extremely competitive’. Best to do your research and compare with other similar vehicles across the BMW network.

It’s highly unlikely you’ll get 1000’s off, £500 or so is more likely plus look at getting any dealer fit accessories thrown in our discounted. If you have a private plate perhaps get them to throw in an extra set of plates for when you transfer the number over.

If you have a part ex then you have the whole game or what they can squeeze out of you at that end of the deal too!

As I said, research as much as possible take printouts or similar vehicles in the network and point this out to them. If it happens to be your local dealer make it clear that you’d prefer to deal with them.

You’ll find some cars appear to go very quickly whilst others sit around for a number of weeks. Occasionally they’ll disappear then pop up at a different dealership.

A friend of mine recently called about an AUC car but by the time he spoke the price had gone up! He had a screenshot of the original ad but they refused to honour it as they said they review the market and have priced it accurately for the spec / mileage!

Some dealers would honour the lower price in this type of situation but it all depends upon how much margin they have.

On a similar note when we enquired about an AUc car at Farnborough a couple of months ago I emailed my interest on the vehicle. By the time the sales guy called me back the next day and sent the video I was surprised to see that the price had already been cut by £500 . Again I had a print out of the advert at the higher price, naturally I wouldn’t show that if I had gone to negotiate on that one !!!

Last edited by C320; 01-11-2019 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 0