01-13-2019, 12:43 PM   #51
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Coupe View Post
Yet again you cannot read what was written. Where did I say it was not a risk owning a car over SEVEN years?

I have only said it is not a massive risk owning a car beyond 3 years. How hard can you make this?

As for the KIA, getting alloys replaced FOC has not been any risk. It was a very easy and painless task. In fact it’s been less risk than my bmw which has also had diamond cut alloys replaced every year under warranty but won’t next year.
My seven was a typo, should have been three. You say it's not a massive risk after three, but then state you have a claim every single year after?

You don't think a warranty claim every single year after three years is a big risk if you don't have a warranty in place? It proves things can easily go wrong, and surely you can't always guarantee it's going to be the the small stuff?

Warranty companies charge what they charge for extended warranties based on claim history and experience, and then add their profit to it. So £700 for a warranty might equal £500 average claims per customer. As quite a few will have zero, it means that there are other much bigger bills coming in. In my book, and all the warranty companies out there, that makes it a risk. In your book it doesn't. I'll take their experience over yours thanks.

And using your own tone to another poster, what has the ease of your claims with Kia got to do with the risk of going over 3 years without a warranty?
Appreciate 0