View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Lightbulb Frankfurt IAA 2013: BMW 4 Series M Performance Parts [Updated with Feature Video]

By David J. September 11, 2013

We've just finished covering the press days for the 2013 Frankfurt IAA auto show and one of our favorites from the BMW display was the 4 Series Coupe with M Performance Parts [Official Thread / Previous Pics] fitted.

Updated with BMW feature video:

The M Performance Parts available for the F32 4 Series include:

The BMW M Performance Power Kit ( PPK ):
BMW 420d (+12Kw, +40Nm) / (+16hp, +30 lb-ft)
BMW 430d (+20kW, +40Nm) / (+27hp, +30 lb-ft)
BMW 435i (+25kW, +50Nm) / (+34hp, +37 lb-ft)

• M Performance Exhaust system (available 428i and 435i) with chrome tailpipes or carbon fiber tips (for 435i)
• M Performance Limited-slip differential
• M Performance Suspension
• M Performance brakes (red, yellow or orange calipers)
• M Performance light alloy wheels
• 18-inch winter complete wheel sets in double-spoke design
• Black kidney grilles
• Rear diffuser
• Side sill foils with M Performance inscription,
• M Performance side stripes
• Carbon fiber front splitters
• Carbon fiber mirror caps
• Carbon fiber rear spoiler
• M Performance sports steering wheel with red central marking or Race • Display in 12 o'clock position
• Carbon fiber manual gear lever and handbrake handle with alcantara gaiter
• Carbon fiber gear selector switch of the automatic transmission
• Interior strips in carbon and alcantara
• High-grade steel pedals
• M Performance floor mats

Some notes from the show:

I was told by the ///M Performance brand manager at the IAA that the Performance seats will not be offered for the F3x cars. I told him that was strange, since I was told by one of the ///M guys at the 4er intro in Lisbon, Portugal - that in October(next month) BMW would offer them.

He had no explanation. So I guess we will have to see. But I don't think the seats will be coming since this is the second Performance car I've seen without them.

I also had an interesting conversation about Blackline tinted tail light lenes. Seems the EU laws have changed recently and BMW will not be offering Blacklines on its new models. It kind of sounded like a loop hole in the tail light laws has been changed here. So that was kind of a let down as well. He kind of made it sound like Blackline tail lights would stop soon doo to this EU law. ?

He did say that in February, 2014 that the LSD will start to be offered for sale thru the dealer network parts departments. No word on whether the LSD could be port installed after say an ED.

More Notes:

I was told at the IAA that ALL ///M Performance parts for the F30 and F32 will be available from any BMW dealer starting in February, 2014 onwards.

The power gains are the same for F30 and F32. Automatics make slightly more HP and TQ than manual cars because of clutch life with the manual cars.

-automatic transmission: increase in performance from 225 kW/400 Nm to 240 kW/450 Nm (in 6th gear: 400 Nm)
-manual transmission: increase in performance from 225 kW/400 Nm to 240 kW/430 Nm
-improved acceleration from 0-100 km/h: ~ -0.2 seconds compared to the standard
-improved elasticity from 80-120 km/h: ~ -0.3 seconds compared to the standard
-optimised accelerator alignment
-extremely sporty engine and exhaust system sound: ‘exhaust bubbling’
-retention of the quality and BMW's factory warranty.
-fuel consumption and CO2 emissions remain unchanged

BMW 4 Series M Performance Parts

Appreciate 0