07-26-2018, 06:49 AM   #15
b16jsy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport Plus Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
How did you find fitting the front splitter. Tricky? any tips?
I have my splitter arriving tomorrow

I would have went with the side skirt decals only my car is black. The wouldn't have added much to the look
The Front Splitter wasn't too bad to be honest, I think the official instructions tell you to fit the carrier onto the bumper first and then affix the splitter, BUT I found it easier to mount the carrier into the splitter before mounting onto the car. I didn't use the Betalink adhesive, but bought some extra 3M adhesive tape and applied to the inside of the splitter instead - this means if I damage it in the future it is much easier to remove (personal preference really).

Another thing that made it easier for me (and a tip I found on this forum initially), was to not use the supplied plastic rivets, but I ordered some of these (official BMW Part Number : 51118174185) - I used these ones from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100x-BMW-...53.m2749.l2649

This means I can remove them with some needle nosed pliers in the future if needs be, and they are much easier to install by hand too (I also used these for the side blades) - they seemed to give a perfectly solid fixing too.

So in summary, insert the carrier into the splitter and affix with rivets and pre-installed tape. Add extra adhesive tape onto the splitter where you see fit. Remove existing rivets from front bumper. Offer up the splitter onto the bumper, once you are happy with the fit/position, peel off the adhesive tape backing, mount splitter into place - affix to bumper with new rivets and screw the centre of splitter into the bumper at central mounting point. I think that's about it off the top of my head.

Cheers
Joe
Appreciate 0