SSJTrunks523
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I sure hope F1 doesn't turn into this type of sport. Black flag, race is over for the driver? Maybe overreaction is what is needed? I also don't see most journalists being any more qualified than most of the people here to give an opinion, so they watch racing and write about it, great.

If I watch American football and someone does something questionable, the ref sees it, they watch the play in slow motion many times over and decide no penalty was needed, isn't the ref or the rules the real problem? Obviously they decided it wasn't bad enough to penalize him and it was within the rules. What's the point of these refs or judges if they watch an action and do nothing, then we blame the person not them?

I blame the FIA more than VES. By not penalizing, they are reinforcing that it is OK to break the rules.

I saw a similar article with a good explanation of why there isn't written rules against this. It has historically been kept in line due to RESPECT.

Another PRO-VES article (comparing him to Senna and Schumacher), but saying that he is overstepping his bounds:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/op...battle-811665/

"....You have to admit, that’s very Senna-like. In the famous Jackie Stewart TV interview, I admired the way Ayrton defended the indefensible of Suzuka 1990 – even though I thought what he did that day was the worst thing he did in his entire career."

Does VES want every racing to be "the worst thing" in a hall of fame career?

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition

Last edited by SSJTrunks523; 09-01-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0