View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #29
schoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Great answer, thank you. UBI scares the crap outta me. It goes against every fiber of my being as wrong. Self induced inflation at it's very worst. Here in Az, we have another minimum wage increase in January. Guess what prices are doing in my store? I posted a quote in the UBI thread by Adrian Rogers which speaks directly to this, and it ain't good. Other than that, Yang is not offensive, seems like a nice enough guy, and would be somebody that as a person I would be proud to have as president. But not enough to get over UBI...
And that is a perfectly fair and reasonable position to take. For me, the biggest lack in political leadership today in this country is rationality and humility, and Yang ticks off both boxes.

[Note: I'm not going to get into a discussion on the pros and cons of UBI as it's a different thread, and Yang himself can speak better than I could ever do as to his reasons for promoting UBI -- as well as addressing the myriad of fears about UBI -- in the plethora of videos out there.]
minn196637.50