gvega702
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 325i Premium | Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Hopefully soon now that Reithofer it out. He struck me as a german Rick Wagoner.
Norbert Reithofer did not Bankrupt BMW.
They may be making more money than ever but I think he's referring to the lack of inspiring products. I went into the dealership yesterday and sat in everything. The only model that enticed me to want a test drive was the M3 but that's out of my budget (for now).

Everything else felt cheap even compared to my e46 which is now over 10 years old. Nor did they have the features of my 10 year old car for nearly 40 or more grand. I'm looking to replace my e46 as it is getting old but non of the current range of BMW's do anything for me and I used to be a huge fan boy. I don't even recommend the brand to friends anymore because I'd feel bad putting recommending them knowing their are lots of other good options.

Who made the cost cutting decision to get rid of the button to open the center arm rest in the f30? Now you have yank it out of the center console and slam it back in. All while making unpleasant noises. Did they take that little bit of savings and put it into something else like standard xenon lights? Higher quality plastics on something you touch regularly? Nope... they took that bit of savings and laughed to the bank. I that's just one minor instance of the cost cutting that went into the F30 I'm sure, and you can tell. Along with the rest of the current line up...

Higher quality interiors with better driving dynamics, please. Hopefully the new CEO knows that and he's axing extra models to get what we already have back up to speed.
Appreciate 0