View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #1949
sgimips
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 540d

My H7 LED lights came in today so I had a chance to test fit them in the Depo F30 housings. As an aside, I purchased the housings from USR and they definitely have a shutter for the low beam projector. The beam pattern is not as clean as I'd like but certainly better than the stock halogens. My shutters have the extra tab that some people have sanded off, I may do the same. Otherwise the build quality is excellent and they look very close to the OEM HID lights.

I compared the bulb that came with the Depo lights to an older H7 HID kit I had and a Broview H7 LED conversion kit that arrived today. The beam pattern across all 3 was identical but the HID and LED lights were definitely brighter. I'm planning to use the Broview LED kit for both high (if it'll fit) and low bulb positions. Also, there's a lot of loose cables and connectors inside the Depo lights behind the high beam so I'm going to clean that up and secure everything. I don't think it would cause any problems but I don't like it. I'll document that in a future post on this thread.

The pics are of the BMW Adaptive LED headlights in my F10 and G30 (hood visible) at about 25ft, as well as the LED in a single Depo light ~10ft from an office wall. My goal is to get somewhere close to the F10, without the auto leveling and other features of course. The G30 lights are amazing and I'd think that's really the best anyone can do these days but I don't think the Depo's will be able to do anything like that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0