01-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #1951
sgimips
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 540d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lybaasta View Post
I knooow right? We have to discuss this further! That inner reflector part is not helping at all!! Just helping to not look like oem headlight! I'm following this topic from now on to resolve this, it would be really cool if we manage to change our lights to work like oem's
I’m trying to figure out what is there on the OEMs. It looks like another projector or maybe just a plastic lens that’s tinted. It’s hard to find high resolution images of the OEM lights with that much detail. Is there any light at all on that side? I’ll have to look closer at my Depo lights when I’m back in the office to see if there’s any sort of lens over the reflector side that could be tinted or painted.

In terms of disabling the actual high beam bulb; I assume they use it in place of a resistor to provide a load to the car since the shutter mechanism likely draws very little power. A 55W resistor will produce a lot of heat, more so than a 55W bulb. Presumably we could just code off the bulb out error for the high beam and either not install a bulb or leave it in place but disconnected. Or even use a much dimmer/smaller LED if the OEM version has one.

(I intend to leave my “extra” high beam in place, especially if I can fit an H7 LED on that side.)
Appreciate 0