06-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #2295
antonius2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 678hug View Post
Hi,
Looking at getting one of these for my F31 NBT but just wanted a couple of questions answered before I went ahead with it.

If I choose not to connect the Bluetooth on the android side and I make or receive a call, will it (A) notify me of the incoming call and (B) allow me to answer the call via the steering wheel switch without taking it off the android.

I have had android units on previous cars and would prefer to keep the to BMW phone system and mic as it works very well.

Also, do BMW say it invalidates the warranty. I have just extended my warranty for another year and don't want any problems if I need to take it in.

Thanks
I have my AvinUSA Android unit precisely as you mention: I don't have BT connected on the Android side and I make and receive calls via the steering wheel and the Android side keeps working normally (for example with GPS active). Note that there are some differences between models and even installations of the Android unit that sometimes have influence on the sound coming from the Aux or note (in my case I didn't connect the Aux cable and I have no problems).

About warranty what I know is that if BMW proves that a "foreign" system caused the problem, obviously the warranty for the damaged part is void, but if it has nothing to do with that, they repair in warranty.

Last edited by antonius2018; 06-15-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0