Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog_za View Post
Hi all,

I have the PX6 model from AliExpress.

I've been trying to get a bluetooth module/dongle/something working on it with no luck.

The device has a built-in bluetooth module, which is only available for phone calls and streaming music. I want the full bluetooth function in order to connect to apps like Torque.

I stripped the unit and removed the onboard bluetooth module (my desoldering was really bad, but the device still starts and works perfectly without the module). For interests sake, the module is has "FSC-BT510 v1.0" printed on it and has dedicated audio pins on it.

I've tried a few bluetooth dongles on the device, both before and after removing the above module, with no luck. The device doesn't detect it as a bluetooth device in the android system.

I have recently bought an HC-05 module along with the USB to serial cable and being trying to see if that gets detected as a bluetooth module. It seems like the HC-05 is used on Arduino devices, but not really on Android!? I can get into the terminal mode via the USB to serial cable and send it various "AT" commands that i have googled, but that's about it (by now you probably realized that i'm clueless to this and i'm randomly trying stuff and failing).

So, i have another car with a full replacement Android unit (not the piggyback system on these units) and it has 2 bluetooth related apps.. 1 for the bluetooth audio, and another dedicated to the OBD2 bluetooth pairing. This makes me suspect that there is some sort of app out there that uses the HC-05 (or similar) for data transfers in android... i'm still searching, but please feel free to end my pain if you have an app i can use for this?

Also, if you have any other means for me to create full bluetooth functionality on he device (please bear in mind that i have removed the bluetooth module that came in the unit)

My unit is:
PX6
Android 8.1.0
2GB Ram
MCU Ver 615043bALS-NBT-HW7-190320[B1280_170325]
Probably the Bluetooth module is talking via the MCU with the Android board, or better said to the "BMW" App that is installed on the device, i have the same problem.

A other thing, does someone know what the yellow USB-Connector is for, at my device only the red one does work, the yellow not, is this only for special purpose ?

sincerely Chri
Appreciate 0