02-26-2020, 06:09 AM   #19
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Hey guys, here's some feedback from Wagner regarding Evo 3 Comp transient flow/throttle response and brace strength:

"Point 1: The increase of internal charge air volume doesn't affect response noticeable, but the less pressure drop affect response behavior positively!

Point 2: The brace was designed with help of FEM simulations, to match with carrying capacity of stock mounted brace. Therefore we use 4mm wall thickness with additional reinforcement. The crash safety aspects shouldn´t be affected."

The 25F lower IAT vs the Evo 2 Comp is pretty damn impressive, and it weighs less than 30lbs bc it's tube & fin which should also continue the trend I've seen on track of the Wagner Comp's cooling off faster bn pulls vs bar & plate IC's.

This is very tempting for those hot summer track days!
Pulled from this thread:

Intercooler Shootout: ATM vs Wagner EVO 2 Comp! https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1518971

"I was quite surprised at the ATM vs Wagner results when I reviewed the data. I realized after that, that the whole "tube & fin recovers significantly faster" was just marketing speak. It may be true for coolers of the exact same dimensions (haven't seen data on that), but like you mentioned, other bar and plate designs on the market may have features that negate that over the Evo 2 Comp. "
Appreciate 0