02-26-2020, 06:22 AM   #20
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Pulled from this thread:

Intercooler Shootout: ATM vs Wagner EVO 2 Comp! https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1518971

"I was quite surprised at the ATM vs Wagner results when I reviewed the data. I realized after that, that the whole "tube & fin recovers significantly faster" was just marketing speak. It may be true for coolers of the exact same dimensions (haven't seen data on that), but like you mentioned, other bar and plate designs on the market may have features that negate that over the Evo 2 Comp. "
Saw that thread. Decided against the ATM bc of the worse throttle response mentioned.

There’s a point where if you make a large enough bar/plate it will outperform on IATs and recovery vs tube/fin, but that means extra weight and usually more lag. I had the Dinan dual core IC before the Evo 2 and it was worse at both IATs and recovery.

What I really need is the Evo 3, but Wagner has told me it doesn’t fit the M2 for some reason, even tho the F22 chassis is pretty damn similar. I’m trying to get specifics from them regarding.
Appreciate 0