View Single Post
      03-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #1083
Buzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MT 244'80 V70R'07 Golf R'19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
Hi guys, new to the forums! I'm in the market for a CPO 3 series (prefer 328i xdrive), and found a couple dealers prices. I am going to list the price on their website, so if you guys could help me with what the proper value should be to be fair for both parties, that would be great. Thanks a lot guys!

Dealer Name/ Location: Chicago Area
Year/Model: 2015 328i xDrive
MSRP: $Unsure
Invoice: $37,995
Options/Packages: Premium Package, Navigation with touchpad and instrument cluster, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance package, Walnut Trim.
Negotiated Price: $36,995
Other Pertinent Information: Odometer: ~3k miles. Black exterior and interior. Dakota leather, 4 door sedan.

I appreciate any help, and if I am missing something just let me know and I will fix it.
The dealer should be able to give you the original window sticker with all the options and MSRP. I assume that by invoice you mean the asking price of the dealer. Invoice usually refers to the new-car cost of a dealer to the manufacturer.
Based on the information you supply, edmunds.com has dealer retail at just over 40K. So it appears that you'd have a pretty good deal at 37K. This kind of discrepancy might lead me to think I miscalculated something, or something might not be up to snuff with the car (CPO'd or not).
Either way, whenever I buy a used car I take it to a trusted mechanic who takes a fine comb through the whole car. It will cost a couple of hundred, but potentially well worth the investment, especially if it's a crap investment you manage to get away from.
Appreciate 0