View Single Post
      04-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #10
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Just rehashing what's already been said, but...

(spoiler alert, I'd go with the 330i)

Straight line performance wise, they are pretty much identical. Throw some curves into it, and things change a bit. The A4 feels and handles much better than your average FWD car (particularly with AWD), but can't completely get rid of that plowing feeling in turns. The xDrive standard suspension I've found to be more than adequate and plenty fun to drive. Plus, let's face it...when the time comes to replace the shocks and struts during regular maintenance, we all upgrade anyway. Doesn't really matter what it started out with.

BMW base audio (Hi-Fi) is not all that bad, but obviously the Audi's system in this comparison will be significantly better. Media reviewers like to fawn over the Audi's interior, while referring to the 3's as 'dated'. Having been in both, I just don't get it. The Audi is very nice but has pretty much exactly the same layout and functionality as the 3. I don't find either to be lacking or dated. I guess the full digital cluster is interesting and modern in the Audi, but I don't really see the need for it, either.

Both seem to be similar in terms of reliability and cost to own.

But, in the end, none of this matters nearly as much as the impressions you get after driving them. Good luck!

Appreciate 0