View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #31
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Great info OP, thank! Good thread!

Here's what I notice so far with my set up.

My car is a MY12 M3 with iDrive (not sure if it's nav pro system - but some have said Canadian models don't get that, so mine probably isn't then) and BMW App.

I had the 4S then upgraded to iPhone 5 right on launch.

I use the Apple white cable (USB) and EVERYTHING worked EVERYTIME I plugged the 4S in and ran the BMW Connected App: Web Radio, Facebook, Twitter, music playback via USB; phone calls and phonebook over bluetooth all functioned as expected, no issue at all.

Then after I switched to 5. I use the same set up USB via Apple white cable (USB with lightening port of course) and bluetooth. The stuff all still function WHEN/IF the two devices (car and phone) think there is a USB connection. I didn't realize there is an issue at first because it turns out to be intermittent. It was several days into this then I realize sometimes the USB connection simply wasn't made (I can assure that it is plugged in; even the charging icon on the phone status bar shows up, so it is the software handshake/connection that is not made). Since I have noticed this intermittent issue, I have so far found that usually (cannot say 100%) unplug it, reboot the phone and plug back it will resolve it. I have basically stopped the habit of nightly turning off / rebooting my mobile since my first iPhone but with this I may actually experiment a daily reboot every morning before I plug it in my car so see if it works around the problem "all the time".

I believe this is an iPhone 5 and/or iOS6 problem simply because nothing else has changed in my set up and the symptoms started showing up after I switched to iPhone 5 (running iOS6 of course).

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Appreciate 1