04-08-2015, 12:22 AM   #45
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
I have some additional info too, but there are some discrepancies/questions:

1) From the Comfort Access wiring diagram, it shows that the driver-side electronic outer door handle module connects to 173*3B in the FEM, but from the pinout descriptions, I cant for the life of me find which pins are for CA. Take a look at that last table on the bottom and see if you can find any applicable pins.

2) There are a ton of interior/exterior aerial antenna's but for the purpose of the door handles only, i'm not sure which ones apply. Why so many? From the description it sounded like different model cars will have different sets of antennas.. but not sure what the criteria is for having more/less antennas are... I didn't include them all, so that's why roxxor's info is slightly different than mine. I mainly included the ones for the door handles.

3) The door handle I get. The door latch I get. But there seems to be some 3rd sensor/module of some sort connected to the door handle module that is required. What is this part for? It seems to be mounted on the inside of both driver and passenger side doors...

Some initial observations:

1) There's going to be a s*** load of wiring required. At least 3, maybe 4 connectors will be affected. You will be living and breathing FEM.
2) Antennas have a pair of wires each. Each one will have to be run into one of the 173*xB connectors, depending on how many will be hooked up. Better buy a lot of extra pins.
This is starting to making more sense. So A173*4B deals with the 2 internal antennas I found in my car and I think we are pretty sure these deal with the convenience access which is the keyless start. A173*9B seems to be all dedicated to comfort access. A173*3B deals with everything else. So if I don't have anything plugged into the slot where A173*9B then we will know for sure that there is no pre-wires for CA at all. If that is the case I think wet can put this to bed unless we can find the harness with the plug and all we have to do is run the cables around the car.
To be honest I don't see why bmw would pre-wire for that since it seems they have separated these functions on purpose so it can be easily installed at the factory based on the order.

2) I think we will need an extra internal antenna and 3 external antennas. 2 in the side skirts and 1 in the rear bumper. The extra internal antenna goes in the cargo trunk area by the fuse box.
3) I'm not sure I see them. What is the label from the diagrams?

Last edited by f30GTR; 04-08-2015 at 12:33 AM..
Appreciate 0