jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantin_md
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod33084 View Post
Any suggestions on a specific tune I should use with a Morel speaker setup with the bimmertech? I have morel virtus 402 components in the front doors and morel ultra integra 402 in the rear doors. Oem woofers under seats.
Hi Jrod, I'd cross the front at 110hz -24db attenuation and rear at 120 -24db Center speaker at 240hz -18db, -1 or -2db gain.. Subs at 120hz -18db. +1 or +2 gain.
Break-in your speakers for a week or two than try adding +1 or +2 gain on the front and rear speakers.
Leave the EQ flat and lower only the points closer to the attenuation.
Tune your speakers in pair (click both front right and left speaker/ rear left and right / both subs together) click mute on individual channels to get an idea what is what.
Setup time alignment by ear.

Tuning is easy once you understand what are you speakers capable of.
Downloading and installing tunes is a great reference, but most of them would not suit you. For example you might listen only on medium volume (lower crossover points possible, better mid sound) or higher volume (lower crossover points not possible, weaker mid)
Also depends on the genres of music you are playing , speakers may distort on some genres if you crossed them/EQ too aggressively but same configuration will sound great on other genres.
Hey constantin! Thanks for giving me the advice for these speakers. I had a feeling there wouldn't be many people out there with them. I'll try that tune out tomorrow.

P. S. Thanks again, they sound great!
Appreciate 0