View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
335xdrive
Rep
Drives: F30 335i X-Drive

Thanks for a great write-up, I used it to add rear PDC to my F30 no-line this weekend.

FWIW, no-line bumper covers are not marked as to sensor location. Mine wasn't, anyway. From looking at several photos I placed my sensors 1 3/8" down from the horizontal break line, with the inner ones vertically even with the curve defining the license plate area and the outer ones 1 3/4" inboard of the outer corner of the reflectors. Seems to be correct-ish, anyway.

Drilling from the outside in with a step bit left no marks or burs at all. One other point, mark the location of the right-side panel that is removed to fish the wires from outside to inside ("Running the Wiring", above) before removing it. That panel locates the bumper cover and if it isn't in exactly the right place the fit line will be off. You can undo just the one side of the bumper cover if necessary and adjust it, but it's an extra step fiddling.

Now, I could use a little help if the OP or someone is able -- I replaced my REM with the one referenced above (new part, never before installed) but I don't know enough to adapt it to my car. SVT shows (I think, anyway) the CAFD the module is expecting (in red), but hitting "Detect CAF for SWE" gives a message that the module isn't found. I can see the CAF that matches what the module is expecting in the CAF folder. (If that's what it is expecting; could be wrong about this...)

What are the steps I need to follow to make the REM configurable? Is it as simple as uploading my VIN to the module (and How would I do that? Could it be that my IStep (502, I think) is too low?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by 335xdrive; 06-10-2014 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0