View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasborka View Post
When the rpms are in the high range it feels like the engine is holding itself back, could feel minimal powerloss and slight jerk. Only if you really feel after it.

I run 91 octane fuel with 5% in it

I have tried different fuel stations but all are the same. When i put stock tune in the timings har 100% even. Here is a pull on stage 1 93 ron to compare with

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5f22...0b4326f0572a0f
Well yeah, power loss up top can be due to timing being pulled, and it's always just the nature of the stock turbo to a certain extent.

There's plenty of people here that have trouble getting clean/even timing on the 91 map even running 93 octane pump gas. The pursuit of perfect timing will only drive you crazy; don't expect to have 100% even timing across all cylinders unless you are running fuel with significantly higher octane than the tune you are running (or have WMI, etc). The fact that you have even timing on the stock map is likely just because its running much less boost. It doesn't mean there's a problem with the stage 1 map causing the timing to be like that, its likely just that your fuel quality cant support the boost and timing targets of the stage 1 map. If you email PTF support, they will probably tell you to run the ACN map.

I'm not sure what else you are looking for here. I don't see anything else in the logs that you suggest an underlying issue with the tune or car. You can always email PTF to confirm.
Appreciate 0