02-07-2021, 03:50 PM   #2
DJSF3014
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4thijss View Post
I've had my f32 for a few weeks now and I've been learning more about the car and something I am still confused about is how big of an issue the crank hub is. I know on the n55 engines as well as other engines like the S55 the crank hub spinning can destroy the engine.

Currently, the car has around 24k miles and is bone stock for now. I drive on the spirited side but I don't plan on making crazy power with this car. I do plan on eventually putting an exhaust and a tune on the car and taking it to the track. I also am unsure if I need an intake and charge pipes I've been told I should upgrade both but not sure how necessary both of those upgrades are. I've heard a mix of these things will fail on a stock car randomly or under load or after you start pushing boost, does anyone have a straight answer?

In terms of a fix I have been looking at the crank seal from Kiesmotorsports, does anyone have one? If so could you tell me how the install went and your experience?
The issue with the crank hub is very rare for anyone not pushing serious power and many even pushing power have not done it. As for other stuff definitely need the charge pipe ASAP stock can completely blow anytime. And then at that point it's all about what you really care about doing if you have goals in mind will help.
Appreciate 0