07-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #161
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchao View Post
Interesting....Im wondering if the non-EDC kit is the same as the EDC kit, and a signal modifier added to use the OE system to adjust the same preset conditions the non-EDC kit has.

Our cars comes with adaptive dampeners, which should change on variables like steering angle, speed, etc.

I wonder if the KW kit uses the adaptiveness or just has static preset modes.

Heres the screen shot that made me think otherwise.
That screencap is certainly confusing. One thing I've learned through my research and purchase is that while KW makes a great product, their US website and customer service reps aren't the greatest. I'm sure some reps are great, so no disrespect with my blanket statement. For my vehicle, it was listed as not compatible. I spoke with several phone reps who gave me conflicting info on the part number, and details about the DDC system.

The information out there is vague, but I came away with the understanding that the KW Plug & Play system communicates with the BMW sensors in real-time (not just static), like the OEM system. I'm not sure if adding the non-Plug & Play DDC system to a vehicle is anything beyond a static setting.
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired

Last edited by eleven11; 08-20-2018 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0