View Single Post
      09-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #53
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

I managed to get 10-11% discount on mine. I didnt get the free 3 year servicing.

My fiancee did most of the negotiating. Generally speaking the vast majority of us folk in the UK aren't used to negotiating this type purchase.

It is quite time consuming and each situation is different. My own experience of my first car/BMW purchase, was that we went through it all. After having met twice and talked a few times about the spec. Gave me the full list price. Then thats when you start talking about price.

Once they know your serious about buying (and looking to place the order) and not fishing for a price to hammer another BMW dealer they start talking about discounts. With me the guy talked about the price we were willing to pay, not a % discount. So obviously started off with a low price, then work up to where we both agreed.

I found I was talking to a salesman who didnt actually have the power to discount it so each time he had to ask his sales manager. But all in all, everyone happy, me the most

We did ask a car consultant who we use to buy all our company cars with, but he could only get 6%. I have heard that though BMW do give better discounts to private buyers.

Edit: I looked at Broadspeed too before, comparison. Its about 6% discount from list. That happened to me, I had to add split rear folding seats after I signed up, no discount. But in reality its only 30 quid off if he did.

Last edited by Deyvy; 09-30-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0