View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #44
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Congratulations!

With the imminent arrival of our son I test drove a 440i GC and took it to the pram shop...

It was better than the Saloon I was already driving but not by a huge amount. You could fit it in easier. But, you still had to be careful.

So, now with a 2 1/2 year old car and son I'm very happy with my Touring. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have got a 4GC, it's a beautiful car!

However, my son has somewhat shifted my priorities.
My previously always clean and well waxed 330d saloon was a loved car. Regularly waxed and machine polished every year. But, no good for throwing a pram/buggy, balance bike, nappy bag and whatever essentials are required in the boot.

The 340i Touring doesn't get as much love, maybe an annual wax and top up with spray sealant for the rest of the year if it's lucky. The boot swallows most things without thought. You can go shopping with the family and buy something. And still fit it in the boot. No worries about where to put the parcel shelf if you run out of space.

Also, the best thing about a fast hearse is that nobody expects it. Debadged 340i sunrises folk.

On a separate note, the already mentioned Bugaboo Chameleon gets my vote. The chassis is the the boot in the picture with all the shopping. This was when using the car seat. But, now he's in its buggy form it leaves much of the boot free. Or, just gets chucked in.
Attached Images

logit4.50