06-14-2017, 12:59 AM   #91
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
Does it have the retro cable also? If so I'll probably get these from you.
These were 499€ that I asked 2 EU friends to try and get for me. Don't want to stiff one of them as they have both been helpful on this kind of stuff. Figure I can sell a pair on eBay or forum to recoup my outlay.

499€ after Exchange rate of $1.13 USD (and PayPal even higher Gouging on Exchange Rates) worked out to about $570 USD and just under $90 to ship. So I am in $650.

I did purchase the cable BMW/61122410220 for $50USD about a month or two ago with some other stuff when I was thinking of doing regular LCI/LED Taillight conversion. I'd be happy to sell that or you can easily make your own via instructions on several threads. If you search by part number, they are on eBay for $50 up as well. As I stated, I am in middle of interior mod so I can get another before I need to install mine.

Just a heads up, most who convert to LCI/LED from pre LCI/LED also replace the drip tray trim due to a slightly different shape of LCI Taillights (see below for pic of new LCI taillights in old Pre-LCI drip trays). You cannot see it when closed, but at roughly $25 per side, it's easier for the OCD to just replace them.

Part numbers: 51497453333 & 51497453334

Obviously if you have LCI/LED Taillights already, these the drip tray trim and wiring adapters are not needed.

Credit to @cazuaLLUK for the photos below.
Attached Images

Last edited by GCinFLA; 06-17-2017 at 03:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
CazuaLLUK2221.00