06-17-2017, 12:12 AM   #106
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Shipping from Schmeidman was $78.11 when I put it in the cart plus the harness..came to $614.53. Not in stock, but says 4-5 days...
Just like your local BMW Dealer's Parts Department, 3rd Party Parts keep a very small inventory of limited quantity/fastest moving parts on hand.

Most BMW Parts Departments probably have zero (to 1 set at most) of normal LCI Taillights in stock, knowing they can order from the regional BMW Warehouses for delivery in 1-3 days, depending on the item. You find that true of most discount BMW Parts ordered on the internet.

Most EU 3rd Party Retailers also have buried in their ordering it takes 3-5 days for parts (even when they show available). They have no idea if they are really in stock until their source either ships to them or back orders.

One of my friends that purchased a set for me ordered from such a site on 5/22 and they stated they were in stock. Obviously, they were not as they did not ship until Jun 12th.

As someone pointed out to me in pm, there is someone on eBay selling 2 sets, but the delivery window states June 27 - July 13th.

Given what EU Parts Retailers have stated to me in emails, appearently there was a big preorder demand for these. I also wonder how big the initial run was.

As thus, it would be interesting for someone who orders to let us know how fast these actually ship from the various places - as one wonders who really has them vs. what their website states about availability.
Appreciate 0