MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Might be wrong but I think we'll see some significant improvements in battery technology and EV ranges over the next 5 to 10 years
You can say this for potential any technology, and if are always waiting for the next best thing you will never end up with anything.

Battery technology has plateaued, the Model 3/Y have no bigger/lighter batteries than the S that came out in 2011. Infact the latest Plaid S is still using the same cell technology as the 2011 cars.

What is becoming quite obvious with EVs is as mass adoption speeds up incentives are rapidly disappearing and fuel costs going up.

I've had x3 EV chargers fitted for free at 3 different properties through government incentives, I received to the tune of £15k worth of 'rewards' from Tesla essentially for been an early adopter - Powerwall, 22inch wheels, mini Tesla. Even the actual cost of the cars have gone up, not forgetting my car has 'free for life' Supercharging and connectivity.

After 65k miles, trips all over the UK, and to France in EVs, the technology is already more than good enough. Next year we'll be heading to just south of the Arctic circle with 6 people in the EV.

The Model Y has more than enough range, performance, utility for most families. The cost is a much bigger issue than the technology.
Tesla gave you a free powerwall? £15k of incentives would rather make you a fan of the brand.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0