View Single Post
      06-23-2021, 12:17 PM   #16
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Agree with about but i would do LPFP last only on an as-needed basis. Plenty of people push to 500whp with stock LPFP, it really just depends on your ethanol content and how your tune is built (boost vs timing for example). If you upgraded LPFP you will likely also need upgraded EKP.

Also i would go with a race IC for this power level.

Finally, you seem fixated on numbers. Why is that? Ignore the numbers and focus on overall drivability, reliability, power delivery, area under the curve, etc. A PS1 is indeed very cost-ineffective for EWG and will basically just allow you to hold boost a little better to redline. Power delivery down low and up to around 4500 rpm will be basically unchanged from a custom tune maxing out stock turbo you will just hold the torque curve flatter to redline and make a little more peak HP.

The easiest/simplest build to do is IC+CP+TIC+MSTv2 inlet+PS2+DV+HPFP+XHP and run BM3 2+ E30 map running ~E45 fuel (50/50 mix). That will get you almost to 500whp/wtq. When you want to push further you get diminishing returns just like once you go past FBO stock turbo.
Appreciate 1