10-23-2019, 05:31 AM   #1811
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
And I love the fact that people like Ian Blackford can complain with a straight face about the amount of time being made available to scrutinise the bill; it wouldn't matter to him and his party what was in it, whether they had three days or three years to review it they're going to vote against regardless!

That said I do think the government should grant additional time even if it means missing their 31st October exit date; they're going to do that anyway but if they got an extension for say a couple of weeks that should be more than long enough for MP's to give the legislation the scrutiny it needs. As we're constantly being told, over 80% of the latest WA is unchanged from Theresa May's original and hence the content of much of the resultant proposed legislation should come as no surprise to anyone; therefore, those who claim they'd need months to assimilate it are either not up to the job and/or are just looking to block and stall the whole thing (as they have been doing for a couple of years now).

In terms of a GE result, perhaps it will return another hung Parliament and perhaps it won't; however, the current one clearly isn't working and needs changing (sooner rather than later IMO).
Blackford's position is clear he represents a party that wants its own lemming moment and his country voted to stay but the SNP are not bell weathers in that place (I agree he is annoying if that's also your view)

Yesterday the brexit secretary didn't know all the detail in the WA bill (again such a damning position is just brushed aside by the groomed) so please don't try and pretend that you do or that the HoC is a position to sign off on the thing without first reading properly it's not a Jack Reacher novel.....