View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #1826
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
And isn't all that ok if the bill is shit, which by all appearances it is? It is broadly the same as the one we've already had, but with small changes to make it worse for both points of view.

If it hasn't been ok for over a year, a ticking clock doesn't mean it's suddenly right now.

Your assumption of just a few days means people scrutinise and then just approve. What's the point in that, may as well not scrutinise it at all if that's the assumption?

If it needs debate, or amendments, then it requires longer. And your objection that some MP's want to stop it seems irrelevant to me, so do 48% of the public, maybe more after 3 and a half LONG years. They deserve representation just as much as the 52%.
A lot of that is very valid. I'd just add for balance that of course it may be less than 48% now after 3.5 years of seeing how the establishment in this country and the EU have tried to prevent it....

I'm looking forward to the next government representing the ones that didnt elect them as much as those that did, can just see Corbyn going, "no we wont increase taxes for those that voted Tory, they need looking after too"....

Its a tough old world politics, you win or lose, get to do your stuff or go home....
Appreciate 0