04-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #12
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
Yep...very cool of them.

So I received my RPi3 B+ today. Over my lunch break, I imaged the firmware file onto the micro SD card. Stuck it in my RPi and powered it up. It didn't connect to my phones hot spot (SSID: bootmod3, password: bootmod3). I'm trying to troubleshoot the issue, but I'm thinking it may be due to the newer B+ version of RPi 3. I"m not sure if the current OBD agent firmware supports the newer B+ version.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=58151

I'm "prepping" the SD card now with a reformat, then going to write the image file back to the card. I'll bootup the RPi with a monitor plugged in to see if it's booting. If it doesn't boot then I'll probably see if I can return the B+ for a standard RPi 3.
Let me know if you need any help! I've built a few here and have helped build some for others by guiding them through it. In all cases, I just suggest a Model B and not B+, to keep it closer to the PTF model. No issues with any of them, but if you do have iOS, then you need to go through some extra steps to ensure it works. As for the SD card, ensure you don't format it at the end if it asks you. If you need to format the SD card, use disk management, delete all volumes, and recreate the entire thing. You will know it's searching for the hotspot if the green LED is blinking. You can also try USB tethering, which almost always works for iOS guys (If you can't figure out the wireless issue). Lastly, I only tried it on a TV and not a monitor, but HDMI may not be enabled for the image. If it doesn't work for you either, you can go and enable it in the config. I'll see if I can image another and try.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 4
FSociety3812.50
Insane435480.50
Fr3sh29.50
Bon F80127.00