View Single Post
      04-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #14
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

Cool man thanks!! I'm actually using a PC running Windows 10. I used the SD card formatter from the sdcard.org page (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/) which is recommended, but evidently, after reading more, it doesn't matter if you image the SD card b/c it just overwrites it anyway. I'm using win32diskimager to image the SD card. If this doesn't work I'm going to load NOOBS and see if it boots. If it boots with NOOBS then I'll know its an issue with the bm3 firmware and compatibility with RPi 3 B+. Then I'll have to source a standard RPi 3 B (not B+).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Let me know if you need any help! I've built a few here and have helped build some for others by guiding them through it. In all cases, I just suggest a Model B and not B+, to keep it closer to the PTF model. No issues with any of them, but if you do have iOS, then you need to go through some extra steps to ensure it works. As for the SD card, ensure you don't format it at the end if it asks you. If you need to format the SD card, use disk management, delete all volumes, and recreate the entire thing. You will know it's searching for the hotspot if the green LED is blinking. You can also try USB tethering, which almost always works for iOS guys (If you can't figure out the wireless issue). Lastly, I only tried it on a TV and not a monitor, but HDMI may not be enabled for the image. If it doesn't work for you either, you can go and enable it in the config. I'll see if I can image another and try.

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0