T-Bone18
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Oh, in that case its absolute pressure, not gauge pressure, and you might be looking at the charge pipe pressure sensor and not the manifold one (MAP). You should be able to tell the difference because the MAP is after the TB and therefore registers engine vacuum, so at idle you would be less than atmospheric.

Ambient pressure is ~14.7 psi at sea level. So you would subtract that from your measured pressure (in absolute) to determine how much boost you are running. And you want to look at the manifold pressure sensor.
Here is the boost indicator on my cellphone dashboard, you can see it under Boost Pressure. So I taught I could had an electronic gauge sticking on my phone but looks like you can't with this app ?
I will look for manifold pressure sensor.

Another thing is I plan to go Stage 1 than stage 2. The guy in my town who sell is the Bootmod3 and do custom tune was saying you don't really need the intercooler but the DP yes. Reason people go with the intercooler is they usually upgrade the intake filter, they bring a lot of hot air from the engine bay so they get the intercooler. I mean yes the VRSF is better than the stock one but you don't need it. He also said he tuned some cars with the stock CP and going up to 22lbs of boost no problem. For sure I will go with the highflow DP but I am not sold on the intercooler yet, if I ever go Stage 2. Another thing is I wish the IC can be in the front bottom bumper. I love that visible look instead of behind behind the AC rad. I have not seen one yet.

https://ibb.co/wSmjYgN

Last edited by T-Bone18; 11-16-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0