View Single Post
      06-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #135
1bad335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT View Post
It's been great actually. The raw carbon fiber is nice and has a nice texture to it. A lot of CF I see, even the real stuff, looks fake because they coat it in so much resin that it ends up looking like cheap plastic.

The raw CF is not shiny and is slightly porous, which gives it a high quality feel, but may not hold up well if something was to get spilled on it. I do not know to be honest. I was told not to use any commercial cleaners or Armoral type of products on it, the same with the Alcantara, so time will tell.

The alcantara is nice and has not faded in the Texas sun so far, but my windows are tinted and I always use sun blockers in the windshield when I park, so time will also tell.

I do wish the //Mperformance stitching was not so big and loud, and have considered dying the white lettering grey to subdue it some, but it is no where near as loud as the giant red stripe and piano gloss interior it came with.. just not my thing.

Thanks for the info it's much appreciated. Sounds like it's the way to go. I have the sport line but lucked out and did not get the ugly red stripe but instead I have the black stripe with the brushed metal. I loved it at first but not as much anymore. Going to go go the mperformance int. thx
Appreciate 0