Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance09 View Post
I did it with floor jacks.

I also have a 2014 335 xDrive. Bought evolution race works Chargepipe. High quality craftsmanship. Good instructions, but it estimated a 1.5 hour install....

I'm no certified BMW mechanic, but am relatively mechanically-inclined and have been installing bolt-on mods on my various BMW's and Porsches for years.

Took me WAY more than 1.5 hours, and skinned my knuckles all to hell, as you're working in such a confined space. To give me more space, I ended up removing the intercooler, air intake and airbox.

I would allot 4-6 hours if you are of medium mechanical skill. And this is if you have a stock intercooler. The ER Chargepipe didn't fit my Wagner comp intercooler, so I ended up doing a hillbilly and temporary fix to mate it to the IC.

Sorry for the long post, but hope it can help set your expectations. Happy to answer any questions so folks can learn from my experience.
Just a note that the Wagner FMIC does not use OEM spec plumbing, which is what causes the issues when installing an aftermarket charge pipe.

The XI I believe is a little more involved then the non-XI as its a special charge pipe with different routing then the RWD one.

Mike
Appreciate 0