No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
this.

i'm so glad i don't live a life where this kind of mindset controls me; would never want to decide things like this based on 'investment' criteria.

buy what you love and drive the shit out of it. Screw investing in cars.
it sounds cool to say money ain't a thing when it comes to cars but of course it is

the question I am facing is if I am going to do what I've really wanted to do and drop some serious coin on a cool car that is normally aspirated and has a manual transmission, which car will deliver the most in smiles per mile and offer the least hurt on the pocketbook in terms of depreciation and repairs/maintenance.

I definitely didn't title the thread properly for what I was looking for input on (I've edited it now)
IMO If you're willing to spend $150k on a car you should focus on what you love rather than being practical.

It's not a practical choice to buy a $150k car; so why insert practicality into the equation?

This is why, IMO, people are often not happy with their choices and are constantly chasing something else.

I don't mean this as an attack on you specifically but your original title was very non-passionate and more about "investment" details.