View Single Post
      05-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #123
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Mercedes didn't appeal because they sent a radio messsage to their drivers to resume racing after the line. It's their job to know the rules, however new. So they don't have a case. Michael has a PERSONAL case because he was told by his team to race (it's their job to know) and he saw green flags. So please, everybody, let's face the fact that Michael did nothing wrong. In fact, it showed his skills... he didn't pass an HRT, he passed Alonso in a freaking fast car around that track. That said, the stewards can not touch their heart in the light of it being MSC and revert the penatly if MB blatantly ignored the rules. Imagine that, everybody would be saying that they're favouring the old champion. Not that I wouldn't want him to do well... but let's be impartial. The green flags shouldn't have been waived... but I have no idea what the procedure is for when track marshalls make mistakes like that. Seemigly not reversing the penalties, though... so the big loser here is MSC and, well, his fans. Both his team and the track marshalls (his only 2 sources of information while out there) let him down.
Appreciate 0