View Single Post
      10-02-2020, 07:28 PM   #11
Torquey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i GT | 550i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks View Post
This has pretty much swayed me to just go with the DWS, although I havent placed my order just yet. I dont take turns like a madman and would appreciate the comfier ride and better winter weather performance since I drive my 340 daily.
I had the Conti DWS on three of my cars... E90 335i, MK7 Golf and GD WRX. The first two cars had the "06 w/ Sport+ Technology" ones, which seemed to have fixed some of the soft sidewall complaints from the 1st gen. Never had any issue with 'flat spots'... very good overall tires when it came to comfort, noise level and all-weather driving.

I currently have the PS A/S 3+ on my RWD 550i and they definitely have more 'feel' and steering response than the Contis. They break away nicely when pushed hard but otherwise no drama.

I recently got new rubber for my F34 335i... Vredestein Quatrac Pro. You really should take a look at them if you want one of the most comfortable, quiet and confidence inspiring all-seasons tires out there. These are made in the Netherlands and one of the very few non-winters with the "3 Peak Mountain Snowflake" stamp. I had these once before on the E90 and was super impressed. May not be track worthy, but for every day & spirited driving... they're really good!

Last edited by Torquey; 10-02-2020 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0