View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Sprocket
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 328i

Starting to regret buying a BMW

I was thinking that buying a BMW would mean a car of great quality and dealing with a dealership that knows how to deal with people buying premium product.

However, this far it seems I have been sorely mistaken. I haven't even completed the break-in distance, have had the car about a month, and these are the problems this far:

- Squeeling brakes in cold weather (BMW has acknowledged the problem and are working on it)

- The windshield washer fluid sensor can't deal with all kinds of fluid. Certain mixes with too pure water (or high concentration of antifreeze) will trip the low level indicator even when the reservoir is full. BMW is working on it.

- The cold weather engine heating package (with charger and heater for the cockpit) was incorrectly mounted by the dealer, resulting in a tie strap pointing straight into the cooling fan making a loud annoying sound.

- Today I noticed that the light control for the Xenons has failed. No matter what speed I go, the lights are dipped down as much as possible so they effectively illuminate just a few feet ahead of the car. It is now totally useless in the dark.

So, this far it seems I have had some bad luck. This would have been OK if the dealer had dealt with it in a professional manner. However, as soon as I signed the contract, it felt like they lost any and all interest in me. I am expecting them to care and personally try to solve the problem by interfacing with the service department, etc. But the attitude is along the lines of "Why are you callin me - call the service department, I didn't build the car, there's nothing I can do". Well, I do try to call the service department but they are hard as &%! to get a hold of.

So, here I am stuck with a car with way too many problems for a brand new one and a dealer who don't seem to give a d*mn.
I am utterly and totally disappointed in the extremely poor experience it has been this far to get a brand new so called premium german car.

By the way, if anyone is buying a new BMW in Stockholm, Sweden, do PM me and I will tell you which dealer NOT to trust with your time and money.