Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
Are you guys able to get the NEXT .torrent file via the X3 forum?

I hope it works for you... Do seed and do consider sending Dracon some Łove.
Thanks for the shout and the consideration. I don't think people understand just how much effort it takes to get maps now. They just download the free links (most of which I provide) and go on their way.

The map data is going to be *alot* harder to come by going forward. As of 01-01-2015, BMW shut down all of the internet facing map repository servers (which is how most people were able to use the HDD-Update program from ISPI Next to download maps).

All of the map downloads are now locked away behind BMW's dealership portal (S-Gate Europe, S-Gate ZA and Dealerspeed) in the ISPI Cockpit console. Also, simply having an account there doesn't get you access either, ISPI Cockpit normally requires an access level of Service Manager or higher in order to get in so it's not something a lot of people are going to have.

BMW has been actively tightening security around their platforms, especially in terms of retrofitting and coding. It's already been evidenced by the recent changes in the ISTA/P data in relation to E-Sys and trimming of the CAFD data starting in 3.54 and getting worse in 3.55. It's gaining more evidence with the changes to the map repositories and I wouldn't be surprised if they start making changes to the ISPI Next versions of ISTA/D and ISTA/P before too long.

It'll soon get to the point that it won't be worth the time or the effort to keeping acquiring these to put out for everybody. It already costs a fair amount just for the bandwidth costs to seed all of the map updates out to everyone (my outbound bandwidth is roughly 50-75 terabytes a *month* just in seeding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichalmers View Post
Sadly not working for me...
Torrent links are working, there was a problem yesterday afternoon with it, but they are all working now.
Appreciate 3